Features and benefits of hybrid mobile app development
The native apps are available on the device as installed, while the HTML5 apps reside on a web server. This may bring you imagining if the hybrid mobile apps store their files on a server or on the device. In fact, a hybrid app follows two ways of implementing:
- Local – You can have within the mobile application binary the Java Script and HTML as package. This will be similar to a native app. In such a scenario, you may REST the APIs to move forth and back the data between the cloud and the device.
- Server- You may implement the entire web application for better performance from the server using the UIWebview, a thin shell.
Features of Hybrid application:
- Integration with the file system of a device.
- Integration with web-based services.
- Functions regardless of whether the device is connected or not.
- An embedded browser that allows improving access to online content.
Today, hybrid mobile applications work in browser built-in environment such that it works on different mobile platforms. It may be easily downloaded from app store on the home screen and one can interact with the hardware of the Smartphone APIs, camera, geolocation, etc. The user experience is good, while the feel and look of the interface is identical to the website.
Benefits of Hybrid Mobile app:
- High development speed.
- Access to the hardware API’ Smartphone’s
- User experience almost close to UI elements of native apps.